Frayed Ally // Media Kit
What is Frayed Ally?
A party card game filled with deduction, strategy, and explosive misfortune! Unleash your inner animal and fight for survival with 3-6+ players.
Don the cloak of a random, crafty character, each with their own unique quirks that can be used at pivotal moments to outlast your adversaries. Action cards can be used to your advantage to boost your defences and enhance your offense, but beware of traps hidden within the deck.
Will you claw your way to the top and be the last one standing, or will the hidden traps unravel your carefully crafted plans?
The path to victory lies within the paws of the craftiest Frayed Ally.
Launch: Tue Oct 24, 2023 (12pm AEDT)
Button Fox Crafts
📝 Deduction and Strategic, Party Card Game
💰 Kickstarter $40
🎲 Exhibited at PAX Rising Tabletop Area
How to play?
A digitally illustrated download file of the base rules. Download
What's in the box?
- 🃏 Ultra thick 400 gsm cards: 8 unique character and 34 action cards to ignite your hand and help you defeat your opponents.
- 📜 How to play comic: A simple visual tutorial that will help you get started immediately delivered with cute art.
- 🟥 Playmat: A mat with dynamic art to enhance play, allowing space for the deck and discard pile.
- 💀 Skull Tokens : Durable skull tokens to track your health points.
🖼️ Adorable Illustrations by HURRiCANE | @animalk_hurricane
⚔️ Simple mechanics. Draw cards, attack players, and use action cards as bonus actions to strategically outlast your adversaries.
- 🔎 Deduction: The mystery of not knowing what characters are in play, creating a whole new layer to the gameplay.
- 💣 Traps: Throughout the deck there are bombs hidden that explode on pickup, dealing instant damage, these are dangerous end game.
- ⭐ Special abilities: When most vulnerable you're at your strongest. Each character has a unique special ability that can be used once per reveal.
- 👑 3 ways to win: Character cards are divided into three types: villain, minion, and rival. Depending on which character you are and who's in play, there's a different way to win, so every game feels fresh.
Friendships frayed, friendships saved! Frayed Ally is fast, frantic fun with anthropomorphic animals battling it out on the mean streets of Sewer City at Uno-like speed and intensity. What's not to like? - The Tuesday Review
I especially resonated with the 'jump-in' style of gameplay, trying to steal the kill away from other players. I also liked the simplicity of the game and how fast-paced it was. - Angus (Game Tester)
Got to playtest this at PAX AUS. It's a great little game that has more depth than you might initially think. The battle royale aspect has never been so cute, eloquent, and strategically timed! - Alex (Level Up Dice)
The art style is amazing, and the gameplay is very fun and easy to pick up. Mystery and strategy in finding out who the villain is make each game very different. Bombs also give off a bit of an exploding kitten vibe and spice up the game very nicely. - Thomas (Game Tester)